ComputerXplorers is a home-based, management franchise delivering technology and computer-based classes to children from the ages of 3 to 13.
Classes are delivered in a range of locations including nursery schools, playgroups, schools, holiday clubs, after-school clubs and other community venues.
We have a huge range of curriculum with lesson plans available for an extensive range of software and peripherals (covering hundreds of software titles) and new material is constantly being added.
The software and peripherals we work with are extremely diverse ranging from keyboarding, safe use of the internet and developing Microsoft Office skills through to digital movie-making, animation, using a digital microscope, robotics, creating your own computer game and lots, lots more..!
As a franchisee you will be responsible for managing and marketing the business. That means you will be marketing to and meeting with head teachers, nursery owners, holiday programme leaders. See our section on ‘The Support’ for details of our appointment making system. You will recruit, train and manage a team of people to deliver the classes on your behalf.
Payment for classes is usually from the parents of the children attending and is paid in advance. In some instances schools fund or subsidise classes or local authorities subsidise holiday programmes
First Class Support
The partnership between franchisee and franchisor is essential to the long-term success of the business. You need to be sure your franchisor is a business you can trust.
ComputerXplorers have been in business for over 25 years – initially in the US and now for a number of years in the UK and are recognised as experts in children’s computer education with a dedicated team of education professionals.
- The UK business is owned and run by one of the leading UK franchises (Recognition Express - Franchisor of the Year 2003) with a reputation as an ethical, market-leading business.
- ComputerXplorers is staffed by a highly experienced team of franchising professionals with a long-standing track-record of success in the UK franchise industry.
- Comprehensive marketing launch package including centralised appointment generation system, PR and a full range of marketing collateral.
About ComputerXplorers Limited
- operates in the US as Computer Explorers where it is owned by one of the leading US franchisors ICED - also master licence holder of Kall Kwik, the UK’s leading print franchise.
- headed up by Nigel Toplis, a recognised authority within the franchise industry and previous chairman of the British Franchise Association.
- staffed by a highly experienced team of franchising professionals with a long-standing track-record of success in the UK franchise industry.
- owned by the Bardon Group who also run the long established award winning franchise Recognition Express (Franchise of the Year 2003), the ZipYard (UK’s largest garment alteration franchise) and Kall Kwik (leading print franchise).
Proficiency in ICT (Information and Computing Technology) has never been so important and experts today place ICT at the heart of every child’s education and development.
Fluency and familiarity with computers is essential to nurture the future digital generation.
Having fun with technology and computers from an early age encourages children to be e-confident and competent - a great head-start in life. This is regularly endorsed by parents, head teachers and government ministers alike.
The potential market in the UK is huge:
- More than 11 million children
- At least 34,000 nurseries and pre-school groups ·
- Over 24,000 primary schools
- Numerous after-school clubs and holiday schemes
Can you help organise finance?
Yes. We have excellent relationships with all the major banks and we can help prepare your business plan, cash-flow forecasts etc.
Do I need computer skills?
You need to be confident with technology and enthusiastic about its benefits, but you don’t need to be an expert! As a ComputerXplorers franchisee you will employ people to help deliver the classes for you.
How long will it take to start a ComputerXplorers business?
It could be as little as six weeks, but we will move as quickly or as slowly as you wish.
Do I have to work full time in the business?
Yes. Our experience has shown that the more time you devote to the business the more successful you are likely to be.
Do you offer an exclusive territory?
Yes. The territory is exclusive to you. It is determined on the number of primary schools and pre-schools within a given area and is identified by postcode.
How long is the franchise agreement?
We believe in long-term relationships, so our agreement is for ten years, and is renewable at no extra cost.
What type of person are you looking for?
Our ideal franchise owner has a strong work ethic, is comfortable dealing with people and has a positive attitude for success. Although previous sales experience is not necessary, an aptitude for sales must exist. Finally we look for people who will follow a proven system.
What are the next steps?
- Complete the application form.
- We invite you to a meeting, at our head office in Leicestershire to learn more about the business. We provide further information regarding the financial projections for the business and the franchise agreement at that stage (subject to a non-disclosure agreement).
- Prepare a business plan and projection, with our help if needed.
- Present your business plan to a bank.
- Agree the details of your exclusive territory.
- We carry out a CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) check on you.
- Place a deposit, sign the franchise agreement and agree a start date.
- Pay the balance of the fee prior to the start of the training course.
- Complete the 3 week training programme.
- We provide your equipment and your business is up and running.
For more information:
Call 01530 513308 and ask for Janet Matthews
Cost is £29,500 plus VAT
Contact us and request an information pack
You have no Franchises or Opportunities highlighted to enquire about.
Please select some
Have a question about Franchising? Find out how you can have your question answered by a